At Creative Health Services, Inc., we offer innovative, trauma informed and recovery oriented residential support and treatment services for adults with serious and persistent mental illness. If you or someone you love requires residential support, please contact a Montgomery County Administrative Case Manager or Recovery Coach to inquire about eligibility for these services.
Community Residential Rehabilitation is a transitional program that provides 24/7 staff coverage in an intensive, structured living arrangement for adults with behavioral health disorders. Residents receive assistance in developing and practicing daily living skills such as grocery shopping, meal planning and preparation, personal hygiene tasks, cleaning, laundry, budgeting and medication management. Individuals are supported toward recovery as they prepare to live independently in the community. Residents will be connected with peer specialists, therapists and recovery coaches. Staff assists with the coordination of medical, psychiatric and other necessary support services.
To learn more about Community Residential Rehabilitation:
Contact Us: 610-326-8712 Fax: 610-970-7753
Located at: 360 King Street, Pottstown, PA 19464
Intensive Supportive Living is a transitional facility designed to provide minimal assistance and support in supervised Creative Health Services apartments. Residents have access to staff support and receive staff assistance with daily living skills, as needed. Staff assists with all aspects of independent living and will connect residents to needed services such as peer specialists, therapists and recovery coaches to support recovery in order to prepare the residents to move into the community.
To learn more about Intensive Supportive Living:
Contact Us: 610-970-9767 Fax: 610-970-9383
Located at: 81 South Keim Street, Pottstown, PA 19464
Long Term Structured Residence (LTSR) is a licensed 16 bed facility that provides a highly structured 24/7 recovery environment for adults diagnosed with a serious and persistent mental illness. At Montgomery County’s only LTSR, residents are offered a unique opportunity to engage in a variety of therapeutic activities meant to build healthy minds and bodies. Supporting individuals toward personal recovery and meaningful integration into the greater community is our overarching goal. We utilize multiple clinical approaches, including but not limited to: Cognitive Remediation; Peer Support; Expressive Therapy; Yoga/Mindfulness Training; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Contextual Rehabilitation; and Medication Monitoring/Education.
Residents learn and practice independent living skills both within the LTSR and the larger Creative Health Services outpatient program. They are encouraged to put these skills into practice during supervised, planned activities in the greater Pottstown area. All residents are served by a multidisciplinary treatment team on site that is led by a chief psychiatrist and includes: Registered Nurses; Masters level mental health professionals; Mental Health Workers; Certified Peer Specialists; a cook and administrative support staff. The treatment team for each resident works closely with families, friends and other providers to ensure a collaborative effort towards recovery.
Eligibility for LTSR: Prospective residents, families of residents or referring professionals are encouraged to contact the Montgomery County Department of Behavioral Health to inquire about the referral process.
To learn more about the Long Term Structured Residence:
Contact Us: 484-941-0516 Fax: 610-705-8945
THRIVE…with Connection and Support.
Your convenient access to our differing levels of care is important to us at Creative Health Services.
Individuals are supported toward recovery as they prepare to live independently in the community.
Recovery is possible for all who seek support from us as they work to achieve a full and satisfying life. Obstacles are viewed as challenges rather than barriers to success.
Community connectedness creates the environment in which people grow and succeed through the support of all members.
- Hope is the belief in an individual’s potential to experience a full and satisfying life and that change is possible. Hope is the foundation for recovery.
- Individuality is key, as recovery is a unique and personal journey. Embracing the individual, rather than dwelling on the illness, recovery respects a person’s cultural and spiritual differences along with their special needs.
- Choice is encouraged as individuals make informed decisions about their lives and support systems, and these choices are respected.
- Peer Support is a highly valued resource, offering hope through the unique empathy and understanding that is derived from peer relationships.
- Community Integration is vital to connecting with and flourishing in the community of one’s choosing. An environment supportive of recovery provides access to community supports and resources that will best promote one’s own recovery, while living in and contributing to that community.
- Personal Responsibility
is foundational in life decisions and membership in the community at large. Steps to recovery are chosen and mastered by the individual, while contributing partners form a vital support network.
- A Meaningful Life is one of purpose and direction, both chosen and carried out by every individual according to their talents, interests and passions. Pursuing relationships, vocations and activities adds richness and meaning to a person’s life, as well as to the life of the community.
- Advocacy allows individuals to have a voice in their own recovery. All are offered opportunities and support to be his or her own advocate.
- Access to Resources is necessary in moving toward wellness and recovery. A variety of community resources, including: behavioral health services, self-help, education, advocacy groups and peer support can serve to promote holistic wellbeing in all individuals.