A Pediatric Weight Management Program
Healthy Choices, Healthy Families supports parents and families as they learn strategies to shape healthful eating, lifelong physical activity and positive relational behaviors.
- Discover healthy foods
- Increase physical activity
- Connect with family
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Enjoy a complimentary YMCA Family Membership
- Participate in individual appointments and group activities
With one year of consistent guidance and encouragement from the HCHF Team:
- Registered Dietitian
- Personal Trainer
- Parenting Coach
Healthy Choices, Healthy Families supports parents’ and families as they learn strategies to shape healthful eating, lifelong physical activity and positive relational behaviors. HCHF is a one-year family inclusive treatment program designed to be flexible, individualized, and supportive of all enrolled families. Delivered in the family home and at the YMCA, this program is implemented in phases and includes one year of consistent evidence-based guidance and encouragement from the HCHF Team, as well as access and referrals to other services, if needed.
- Children ages 8-12
- BMI >85th percentile
- 3+ years resident of Pottstown area (10 mile radius of PMMC)
- Motivated family, willing to commit to 1 year of treatment (2x per week)
- Children must not have any medical conditions unrelated to weight
- Physical and clearance from primary care physician
- Blood work (glucose, lipids, HbA1C, etc.)
- Questionnaire regarding medical history, home life, schedules, behaviors, and goals
- 3-day food log/journal
- Family Interview at Creative Health Services Office
- Commitment of at least one primary caregiver
Who can participate? Any family with an 8-12 year old who struggles with being overweight or obese and lives within 10 miles of Pottstown Memorial Medical Center. The HCHF program is free to participants thanks to the generous funding provided by the Pottstown Area Health and Wellness Foundation.
You don’t have to do it alone…
Let us help a family you know with an 8-12 year old child struggling with a healthy weight. This is the perfect developmental time to introduce new knowledge to encourage positive attitudes and behaviors that will lead to a healthier lifestyle.
Creative Health Services and the Pottstown Area Health and Wellness Foundation have partnered to pave the way for community success in the fight against childhood obesity. As we know, 1 in 3 children in the US are considered overweight or obese. These children are at a higher risk of developing multiple health problems including:
- Joint problems and musculoskeletal discomfort
- High cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Behavioral health issues
- Sleep apnea
- Liver disease
THRIVE…with Connection and Support.