Is your family experiencing emotional turmoil? Are you dealing with high levels of stress in your home?
One of the highest priorities in our lives is our family. We want our home to be a safe haven where we express love, feel connected, support one another and simply enjoy life together. So When things are out of balance at home, all other areas of life are affected.
Let us support your family as you work toward a connected and calm home.
When a child or adolescent experiences deep emotional distress or suffers from a serious mental illness, Family Based Services focus on strengthening and maintaining the family unit during this challenging time.
The primary goals of our team delivered Family Based Services are to:
- Reduce overall stress in the home to lessen the frequency and intensity of conflict between parent and child;
- Strengthen parenting skills;
- Advocate for the child and family in educational and community settings;
- Link the family to community resources, services & supports; and
- Prevent out of home placements.
Services that promote both individual growth and family cohesiveness are delivered in the home at convenient times for the family. Improved family communication and coping skills allow parents/guardians to maintain their role as the primary caregiver for their child/adolescent. This is accomplished by supporting families with strategies and encouragement as they care for their child/adolescent experiencing emotional difficulties.
Eligibility for Family Based Services: Children and adolescents up to and including 20 years of age, can be referred by your family, school, behavioral health provider or a social service agency. Children must reside in Montgomery, Chester or Southern Berks County and be eligible for Medical Assistance.
Wellness and health begin in the home and touch all aspects of life, allowing individuals and families to grow and thrive.
Family centered services are based upon the belief that the best place for children to grow up is in a family and the most effective way to ensure children's safety, permanency, and well being is to provide services that engage, involve, strengthen, and support families. Key components of family centered practice include:
- Working with the family unit to ensure the safety and well-being of all family members
- Strengthening the capacity of families to function effectively by focusing on solutions
- Engaging, empowering, and partnering with families throughout the decision- and goal-making processes
- Developing a relationship between parents and service providers characterized by mutual trust, respect, honesty, and open communication
- Providing individualized, culturally responsive, flexible, and relevant services for each family
- Linking families with collaborative, comprehensive, culturally relevant, community-based networks of supports and services
Administration for Children and Families
THRIVE…with Connection and Support.
Your convenient access to our differing levels of care is important to us at Creative Health Services.