You can live free of fear.
“Domestic violence is a pattern of behavior used to establish power and control over another person through fear and intimidation, often including the threat or use of violence. Domestic violence can include physical, emotional, psychological, economic, and/or sexual abuse. Abusers use threats, intimidation, isolation, and other behaviors to gain and maintain power over their victims.”
Have you been searching for a safe group setting to help you address issues of abuse and violence in your relationship with your intimate partner? Support services for women who are victims or survivors of domestic violence are available through the Montgomery County Women's Center.
For information on group locations and meeting times:
THRIVE…with Connection and Support.
Your convenient access to our differing levels of care is important to us at Creative Health Services.
Are you experiencing domestic violence?
- You are not alone.
- You are not to blame.
- You do not deserve to be treated this way.
- You have rights.
- You can get help.
Are you a victim of intimate relationship abuse?
- 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime.
- Women experience more than 4 million physical assaults and rapes because of their partners.
- Women are more likely to be killed by an intimate partner than men.
- Women ages 20 to 24 are at greatest risk of becoming victims of domestic violence.
- Every year, 1 in 3 women who is a victim of homicide is murdered by her current or former partner.