Stop Abuse, Foster Empowerment SAFE for Men
Are you hurting the ones you love? Let us help you learn strategies to stop the violence and help you develop healthy relationships.
SAFE is a therapeutic group intervention for men who have been identified as domestic violence offenders. This intervention is designed to decrease intimate relationship abuse, ensuring the safety of women and children while breaking the devastating cycle of domestic violence.
This psycho-educational model is delivered over a 26 week period with the goal to help the offender to:
- Decrease the violent, controlling behavior;
- Accept responsibility for relationship violence;
- Understand the triggers in the intimate partner abuse cycle;
- Replace violent actions with new thinking, reactions and respectful behaviors which will support the offender in developing secure & healthy relationships.
Eligibility for SAFE for Men: Participation may be court mandated or voluntary. Individuals, courts and/or probation may refer.
Fees: A registration fee of $60.00 $150.00 required for enrollment into the SAFE for Men program. A group fee of $30.00, collected weekly, is required prior to each session in order to participate.
THRIVE…with Connection and Support.
Your convenient access to our differing levels of care is important to us at Creative Health Services.
The Consequences of Domestic Violence
- Survivors of domestic violence face high rates of depression, sleep disturbances, anxiety, flashbacks, and other emotional distress.
- Among women brought to emergency rooms due to domestic violence, most were socially isolated and had fewer social and financial resources than other women not injured because of domestic violence.
- Domestic violence is the third leading cause of homelessness among families, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Safe Horizon
Offered by Creative Health Services in partnership with:
- Laurel House
- Open Link
- Montgomery County Women’s Center
- Pottstown Police Department
- Montgomery County Criminal Justice Services